I do not believe in getting root canals or filling cavities with amalgam. I think that you can heal your cavities, naturally. Although, depending on your lifestyle, this can be difficult. But if you have the discipline, you can heal your cavities with the following suggestions.
Cavities are Going Down With Vitamin D & Calcium
Believe it or not, 93 percent of cavities can be healed by consuming more vitamin D and calcium. Of course, you can get this in a supplement. But you can find these nutrients in food. The following foods contain a good amount of vitamin D:
- Black and Red Caviar
- Organic Tofu
- Naturally Cured Salami, Ham, and Sausage
- Organic, Cage-Free Eggs
- Raw Milk
The following foods will meet your calcium needs:
- Raw Cheese
- Raw Yogurt
- Raw Milk
- Water Kefir
- Dark Leafy Greens
- Raw Orange juice
Including the aforementioned foods will help, but you should also make sure you decrease your intake of certain foods.
Anti-Cavity Foods: Who’s in & Who’s Out?
To further assist in healing your cavities, you should stay away from certain foods, as they will only increase the harmful bacteria in your mouth that cause cavities and tooth decay.
- Processed sugar
- Processed flour, breads
- Boxed foods
- Pasteurized drinks
- Most food at fast food restaurants
- Fruits or veggies with pesticides
And, instead, opt for foods for foods that still contain essential vitamins and minerals. You should look for the following foods on your next shopping trip.
- Organic, Raw Honey/antibacterial and will reduce harmful bacteria in your mouth.
- Organic Sucanat/healthier sweetener–contains vital nutrients
- Sprouted foods/ fiber-rich & packed with nutrients
- Fermented foods/contain good bacteria that will reduce harmful bacteria in your mouth
- Eat more organic, locally grown fruits and veggies!
The last thing you may want to include is a natural mouthwash that will help you combat cavities.
Cavity Ammunition: Break ’em Down, Wash ’em Out
Several studies show that cinnamon and clove oil can break down cavities, but cinnamon proves to be stronger. Both inhibit any further formation of cavities and disturb the cavity membranes.
Once cavity-causing bacteria are weakened by cinnamon or clove oil, your saliva comes in to wash the bacteria away. You can make your natural mouthwash at home by simply mixing the following ingredients:
- 4 drops of clove oil
- 4 drops of cinnamon oil
- 1 cup of water
- 2 teaspoons of natural sodium bicarbonate (Bob’s Red Mill is a good brand)
- 1 teaspoon of vodka, which is optional.
- 1/8 of a teaspoon of raw honey
Make sure you shake your mouthwash before you use it. Just use the mouthwash as you normally would, and it should last a few days.
What you want to do is reverse the damage done by cavities, and you can do this with the aforementioned tips.
Photo Credit ~ with modifications